Top Tips for Keeping Children Safe Online
· Talk to your children about what they use the internet for. Are you familiar with their choice of games, Apps, etc. ? If not, then have a look at them on https://www.commonsensemedia.org/
· Remind children to use the safe search engine called ‘Kiddle’, this will help to reduce any exposure to unwanted/unsuitable content.
· Look at using YouTube Kids instead of YouTube.
· Regularly ‘check in’ with your children when they are using connected online devices.
· If you haven't already done so, look at reviewing your Parental Control settings on your broadband provider log-in.
· Look at setting parental controls on devices by exploring options via Apple, Qustodio and internet providers websites. Helpful information with regards to setting screen time can be found via this link:
· Try and find time to check the Internet Safety page on our Lilleshall School Website for the monthly newsletters, focused Apps and new safety information.