Wednesday 3rd February
LF: To write a newspaper report.
Today, you are going to write your newspaper report. It is really important that you follow your plan and use all of the work you have completed over the last two weeks to support your writing. I have included a few examples below and a checklist for you to follow. You can use the blank template as a guide or create a Word document.
When you are writing your newspaper article:
- Make your headline short and snappy.
- In the first sentence sum up what the story is about.
- Write your report in the third person and the past tense.
- Split your newspaper report up into paragraphs/columns to help the reader clearly understand the information.
- If you use quotes to make your report more interesting, don't forget to use speech marks!
- Use a photo/illustration with a caption to give the reader more information.
- Fill your newspaper report with both facts and opinions. Facts give the reader all of the information they need by using the 5 Ws.
- Challenge: Subordinating conjunctions